Wednesday, February 11, 2009

busy day at the polls

Yesterday we went to the polls. We were confronted with this:
(source)
One of 31 parties or a white slip. If you read hebrew you'll be able to tell that you had the option to vote for the PUTZ party or even the FUCK(H) party.

It took me at least 5 minutes to locate the paper slip I’d decided on. Some people felt that I would be better suited to use this:


And at the end of the day…it was the most useless election ever. Nobody to vote for and nobody won. And certainly not the people I voted for. They didn’t get ANY seats. I think it would have been easier had we had an african american candidate.

At least we got the day off work. We went to see Madagascar 2. Except here it’s pronounced "Mad-gas-car Shty-mm". And with that you get "pop-koren". Oh! The injustice of watching animation starring the vocal talents of Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, Jada Pinkett Smith, David Schwimmer, Sacha Baron Cohen, Cedric the Entertainer, Bernie Mac, and Alec Baldwin cut out in favour of some Hebrew no-namers! I’ve had to check on the IMDB today to see what funny bits I missed. They don’t even sing “I like to move it move it”. They sing “I move my bottom bottom”. Yes they do. You can’t make this stuff up!

I wanted to watch Bolt but it was vetoed. Incidentally, that's pronounced “Boll-et”.

2 comments:

  1. 6,000,000 Israelis, 31 parties.
    280,000,000 Americans, 2 parties.
    Mibulbalim? Gam anahnu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you do get to see Bolt, and tell me what it's like. Do you get the 3D version? I'm worried that Thomas will just break the 3D glasses at the beginning, and just complain it's out of focus from then on... or don't they do it like that any more?

    ReplyDelete