Tuesday, February 17, 2009

if he hadn't been waiting for his ride, he never would have stopped at the bakery. and then my day in food wouldn't be a complete write off

My cubemate is an evil little mofu. It all started yesterday when he brought in some chocolate chip cookies from Inglish Keik (they don’t spell it like that. On their behalf, I do. They pronounce it like that, and you’d never find a Victoria sponge in there). I caved and had a chocolate chip cookie before lunch. Yeah, I have long known that I have no self-control whatsoever.
Then after lunch, FOR SURE I was going to have another one for dessert. It would be rude not to! And you know, the one just wasn’t enough…

I managed to hold myself in the rest of the afternoon at the mall, but as soon as I walked through the door at 6pm, I was ravenous. Like a nervous addict, I approached the fridge. The salami got it. I opened the cupboard. The cashews were too salty so the peanuts took a big bashing. I must have had about three hundred THOUSAND peanuts. And at this point, I must confess, I knew that the food was on its way! The husband was out slaying a noodle mammoth. The husband came home to find a baseball bat in his face and was mugged and robbed and stripped of all consumables before he had even put the key in the lock. I left him in the hallway for the neighbours to take care of. I was busy ripping the sellotape off my VEGVEG and smoothing my chopsticks. I gorged. One gyoza and half the VEGVEG later, I was done. Satisfied.

Until I remembered the mother in law had left a home-made chocolate cake…

No comments:

Post a Comment