Tuesday, December 16, 2008

we may be in THE EXPERIMENT, but we still have a pulse

Our offices are located in an industrial park which they are still building so there are an abundance of empty lots and scrub areas. It is for this reason THE EXPERIMENT gave us 2 in-house dining areas with consistently dire options and that's why we experimentees never get fed a decent meal (lack of healthy dining options) or leave the building during work (read, DAYLIGHT) hours. Some people ARE brave enough to risk losing clocked minutes and go for a walk around lunchtime just to break the monotony and to get some fresh air.

The other day I was having lunch with my esteemed colleague in the cafeteria when her cubemate came running in all bright eyed and bushy tailed. "There are two lesbians on that empty plot outside doing it on their lunch break!!" The man could hardly hide his bulging enthusiasm. "If anyone needs me…I'll be outside!" and off he ran.

After lunch today I got a call. The esteemed colleague's cubemate. "Too bad you didn't pick up earlier! The lesbians were back!" He then proceeded to explain their antics in such graphic detail that I don't doubt that he left breath condensation and a large drool smudge on their windscreen. "I'm going to take you tomorrow to show you!"

About 35 minutes later I got an email from my esteemed colleague. "I'm coming on your field trip tomorrow". Feels like we all need some fresh air.

1 comment: