Monday, January 26, 2009

while you go about your daily life, its always there lurking behind a corner...

I had a good chat today with one of my readers who was going through the archives and came across the one about THE EXPERIMENT. A manager was standing in the cube just then which is ALSO PART OF THE EXPERIMENT. So I sat and listened to him tell me how suddenly the clouds parted, the sun shone through, and it all became clear to him. He likened the experience to the level of nirvana he achieved watching the Matrix. Holy compliments, Batman! Glad to help.
I experienced THE EXPERIMENT firsthand this morning. I tell you, some people I interact with are either victims of the experiment, or perpetrators. Or could well be both!

Here are some other facets of THE EXPERIMENT that I have identified recently:
  • Put walnuts in the chocolate cookies and insist that they ALWAYS had walnuts in there.
  • My mouse now makes a distinctive deep plastic click when I click.
  • Tell me I have a new dotted boss
  • Tell me unofficially that I have to justify my job for the next year (mention out-sourcing)
  • Tell me not to tell anyone (no worries, just the whole internet)
  • Tell me you are thinking XML is great for my cv and that's about it
  • Take away my right to print in color for the 3rd or 4th time in as many months.
  • Set up an employee event and as usual block my access to sign up. Let me in on the 50th attempt only to reveal that the event involves paying to clean up a beach.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, what's up with paying to clean up a beach? I thought that's what they have criminals for.

    ReplyDelete