Sunday, January 25, 2009

it's good to talk

Last week I was in no mood to post here. It was a hard week and I had the yuppie disease for oh at least 3 days of it. I was struck quite hard and did a lot of sleeping. I think I might still have it, at least during office hours. You try staying awake for more than 5 minutes straight and see how you fare. It was a depressing week in THE EXPERIMENT, with firings and ch-ch-changes in the air. I think the only time I really laughed was having an instant messenger conversation on Tuesday applauding the genius of the name STIFFROD.
Having said that, the week was not a total write off, and we did manage to get the ball rolling on 2 projects for this year. And I got to do what I enjoy the most in the world…connect with people. Very British Telecom and Nokia, I know. After last week where two family members declared they never want to see us ever again, things turned around and I managed to meet up with an old friend, develop a relatively new friendship, meet up with a bunch of old friends over delicious food!, speak with a few other mothers from the kindergarten and bond, AND the husband cooked a lovely dinner for our friends.
I love connecting with people. There's nothing finer in life than sitting down with someone and really feeling that you're on the same page as them. It is so liberating to feel validated. Smiles and laughter abound and you feel loved and appreciated. Life is good.
We also went to another birthday party with TimTam. Could any clown possibly be cuter? He gave us his new dvd containing a free poster. I managed to nab that before the kids saw! The poster is now in its new home under my pillow. I hug the poster tight in bed all night long. Not sure who's going to watch the dvd more; the kids, or myself…

No comments:

Post a Comment