Tuesday, January 6, 2009

i'm baa-aack! and so glad about it!

I got back from my xmas trip yesterday morning and still feel hung over from the food and the flight. Never travel with children.

If there's one song that defined the trip, its the TING TINGS: That's not my name. I knew the song from driving around in Israel and found it mildly amusing. But then on holiday I saw it on some english comedy-quiz show (Oliver will tell me which) sung by some fat comedian (Oliver will tell me which) and it was on Jools Holland's NYE show. And then bam! it was the holiday song. Def not any song sung by DUFFY who, it turns out, IS NOT the former Casualty cast member after all. (disappointing!) However, Duffy was definitely not Irish, you're thinking of Megan.

They call me hell
They call me Sta-cey
They call me her
The call me Jane

That's not my name. (uh, uh)
That's not my name.

Being back is definitely not great. Life always looks shit in January. Israel is at war. The cubemate is serving his country again. So is the finance guy. The husband is not (too chubby?). Its time to start a diet. Its time to start working my butt off. My SME is gone. The head of sales quit so I'm getting a new dotted line boss (you'd have to be corporate to understand why you have a dotted line boss). The print tests came back bad. So much crap. I think I might call it hell.

I'll call it Sta-cey. I'll call it her. I'll call it Jane. That's not it's name. Uh. Uh. That's not it's name. Uh. Uh. It's name is FUCKED UP PIECE OF SHIT NEW YEARS PRESENTS.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ho Hi Ho
    It's back to work you go.
    One boss is down
    that leaves the clown
    Hi Ho ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back and posting. I thought of you today as we put that Ting Ting's track on and the boys danced around the room (while I read your blog). I thought it might be Casualty Duffy too, and was similarly disappointed. "Trouble" by Shampoo is a good song to follow the Ting Tings, by the way.

    ReplyDelete